This straightforward rooster salad recipe is made with scallions, cilantro with a touch of lime. It’s a tasty twist on conventional rooster salad with some Latin taste!
Cilantro Hen Salad
I usually maintain rooster salad readily available for fast weekday lunches, and I prefer to mess around with the flavors in order that it by no means will get boring. For this Cilantro Hen Salad, I added lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder for a Latin twist. Another favourite rooster salad recipes are this Dill Hen Salad and Ranch Hen Salad.
The best way to make Hen Salad
This cilantro lime rooster salad recipe is tremendous straightforward to make and takes solely about quarter-hour in case your rooster is already cooked. I usually purchase grocery store rotisserie rooster or use leftovers from once I roast a rooster myself. It makes for a juicy, tender rooster salad with minimal effort. For those who don’t need to use a rotisserie rooster, you too can cook dinner the rooster breasts within the gradual cooker or poach them on the range.
The best way to Serve Hen Salad
The wonderful thing about rooster salad is that there are such a lot of methods that you would be able to eat it. Simply one more reason why it’s certainly one of my favourite straightforward lunches!
- Wrap: Wrap it in a whole-wheat tortilla or lettuce leaf for a low-carb different.
- Stuffed: Stuffed into avocado or contemporary summer time tomatoes
- Salad: Serve over lettuce and add some tomatoes and avocados for additional veggies.
- Open-Confronted Soften: Put some rooster salad and a slice of Monterey jack cheese on a slice of wheat bread and heat within the oven till the cheese melts.
- Veggie Bowl: Scoop the rooster right into a hollowed-out tomato or half of an avocado.
- Chips: Eat the rooster salad with tortilla chips.
- Sub the rooster for canned tuna.
- For those who don’t need to use mayo, attempt it with Greek yogurt or gentle bitter cream.
- Add celery or bell pepper for crunch.
- Swap the scallions for pink onions.
- Add a serrano or jalapeño pepper for an additional kick.
Extra Hen Salad recipes you might like:
Cilantro Hen Salad
This straightforward rooster salad recipe is made with scallions, cilantro with a touch of lime. It is a tasty twist on conventional rooster salad with some Latin taste!
- 7 oz cooked rooster breast, shredded or diced
- 2 tbsp gentle mayonnaise, full fats for Keto
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- low sodium rooster broth, verify labels for Keto or use bullion
Mix cooked rooster, mayonnaise, scallions, lime juice, and cilantro.
Season to style with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chile powder.
Add a bit rooster broth if rooster seams too dry, 1 tbsp at a time.
The best way to Poach Hen Breast:
Cowl rooster breast in broth in a small pot, add water if it would not cowl the rooster.
Add salt and pepper, a chunk of celery and it is leaves (you would add herbs like parsley, garlic, onion, or no matter you need) and produce to a boil. Cut back to a simmer and cook dinner 5 minutes.
Take away from warmth, cowl tight and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or till thickest a part of the breast registers 160 levels.
Hen might be cooked by means of. Let it cool and minimize into small cubes.
Serving: 1/2, Energy: 160.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 23g, Fats: 6g, Saturated Fats: 0.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 61.5mg, Sodium: 151.5mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Sensible Factors: 1
Inexperienced Sensible Factors: 3
Purple Sensible Factors: 1
Factors +: 4
Key phrases: rooster salad, rooster salad recipe, Cilantro Hen Salad