Portuguese Seafood Stew made with clams, shrimp, scallops and chorizo comes collectively in minutes! Serve it with some crusty bread and luxuriate in!
Portuguese Seafood Stew
This Portuguese Seafood Stew is easy and scrumptious. It’s loaded with contemporary seafood and flavored with garlic, onion, white wine, bay leaf, and parsley. You may just about use no matter seafood you favor, like mussels, lobster, crab, and even fish. For another seafood stew recipes you may like, do this Coconut Broth Clams with Lemongrass and Jamaican Coconut Shrimp Stew.
Tips on how to Make Seafood Stew
This Portuguese seafood stew might be prepared for dinner in just some fast steps.
- Sauté the garlic and onion till mushy.
- Add the chorizo, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, ¼ cup of the parsley, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, cowl the pot, and prepare dinner for about 5 minutes till the clams open.
- Stir within the shrimp and scallops and prepare dinner for a couple of minutes.
What do you eat seafood stew with?
Serve this stew with some good crusty bread to absorb the juice. To spherical out the meal, make a salad to go along with it.
Variations & Suggestions:
- Swap out any of the seafood with crab, lobster, or a white fish like cod or halibut, or be at liberty to double up on any and omit one other sort.
- If you happen to can’t discover clams, use mussels or double the shrimp.
- Throw out any of the clams which might be nonetheless closed after cooking them.
- If you happen to don’t eat pork, sub the chorizo for rooster, turkey, or soy chorizo.
- Need extra taste? Swap the water for clam juice or add anchovies.
- When cooking with wine, make sure that to make use of good wine that you’d really drink. If you happen to don’t need to prepare dinner with wine, you can substitute it with clam juice.
- Swap the parsley for cilantro.
Extra Seafood Recipes You’ll Love:
Portuguese Seafood Stew
Portuguese Seafood Stew made with clams, shrimp, scallops and chorizo comes collectively in minutes!
- 3 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed and clear
- 1 lb giant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallops
- 1 tbsp further virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1.75 oz 1 hyperlink chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 giant ripe tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, I used Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup contemporary parsley, finely chopped
- kosher salt and contemporary pepper to style
In a big heavy pot, saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium warmth for about 3 to five minutes, till mushy.
Add chorizo, tomatoes, wine, water, bay leaf, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
Add the clams, combine properly and canopy.
Prepare dinner about 5 minutes or till all of the clams open (discard any closed clams).
Add shrimp and scallops and prepare dinner an extra 2-3 minutes, till seafood is totally cooked and the shrimp are opaque.
Ladle into bowls and prime with a little bit contemporary parsley.
Serving: 1/4th of recipe, Energy: 447kcal, Carbohydrates: 16.5g, Protein: 59.5g, Fats: 10.5g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Ldl cholesterol: 242mg, Sodium: 1554.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g
Blue Good Factors: 4
Inexperienced Good Factors: 7
Purple Good Factors: 4
Factors +: 8
Key phrases: seafood recipes, seafood soup, seafood stew